If you are suffering from an injury that wasn’t your fault in East Point, you may be able to recover money to pay for your medical bills, prescriptions, and even lost time from work. You need to talk to a personal injury lawyer.
John Foy & Associates has the experience you need. For the past 20 years, our law firm has devoted itself to helping injured people. We began as just a small, local law office, but we have since grown into one of the biggest and most successful personal injury firms in the country. We’re known as “the Strong Arm” because we know how to be tough with insurance companies. Let our East Point personal injury lawyers help you get the money you deserve. We’ll give you a free consultation to talk about your injury and tell you if you have a claim. Call us at 1-404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
I’ve been injured. What should I do now?
We know that every injury is different. Some will heal quickly while others will change your life forever. But any injury can cause you stress, frustration, and substantial medical bills. If you have been injured, we recommend that you advocate for yourself and protect your rights. The most important things to remember are:
- DO NOT sign any insurance company paperwork. It’s common for the insurance company to offer you money shortly after your injury. This seems helpful until you realize that the insurance company has a hidden motive. It wants to get rid of your claim as cheaply as possible so it can keep more profits for itself. That “quick money” offer is almost always far less than your claim is really worth. But if you take the money, you will sign away your right to recover more in the future. Always talk to a lawyer before you take a check, sign paperwork, or give the insurance company a statement.
- DO make an appointment for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer.This is the single best way to protect yourself financially after an injury. A lawyer will be able to tell you if you have a claim. A lawyer also understands how insurance companies operate and can make sure your rights are protected. And a lawyer can refer you to doctors who can tell you how badly you were injured and what it will take for you to recover. Because you talked to a lawyer, you may end up with tens of thousands of dollars more than the insurance company offered at first.
How can I tell if my claim is valid?
If you were injured through no fault of your own, you have a valid claim. But many injured people think they must somehow be at fault, or that their injury just happened for no reason. But that’s not how the law works. In the eyes of the law, most injuries happen because someone was “negligent.” That doesn’t mean anyone meant to hurt you; it just means that someone didn’t live up to their legal responsibility to be careful. Negligence is at the root of most car accidents and slip and fall cases. When someone is negligent, they (or their insurance company) must pay for your injuries.
We work on many types of personal injury claims, but the most common ones include:
- Vehicle accidents
- Slip or trip and fall accidents
- Car accidents involving bicyclists or pedestrians
- Injuries during muggings
- Neglect in nursing homes
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription drugs
Almost any type of injury can lead to a valid personal injury claim.
Will I have to sue someone?
Lawsuits are usually only filed if the insurance company won’t negotiate a fair settlement. This might happen if the insurance company is too confident of its own evidence, or if it thinks it can undermine your testimony on the witness stand. If this happens to you, we will explain the situation and tell you how strong we think your case is. Then it’s up to you whether you want to go to the local courts. If you do decide to file a lawsuit, we will be with you all the way.
More often, however, we are able to negotiate with the insurance company. At John Foy & Associates, we are known for our aggressive approach to insurance companies. This is because we start every case by doing our own investigation. We look into your injuries and how they happened, collecting hard evidence. We then show this to the insurance company, proving how badly you were hurt and who is at fault. In many cases, this alone leads to a large financial recovery.
How much will a good personal injury lawyer cost in East Point?
Injuries are stressful and expensive, and we don’t want to add to your troubles by sending you a legal bill.
At John Foy & Associates, this is how we approach payment:
- You pay nothing to consult with us
- You pay nothing out of pocket while we handle your claim
- You pay nothing, ever, if we don’t win money for you
If we do get money for you, we will take our fees out at the end, as a percentage. Everything else is yours. That means you don’t have to take any financial risk to get good legal help.
Is there a deadline for filing a personal injury claim in East Point?
Yes. The City of East Point follows deadlines established by state and federal laws. The deadline that applies to your injury claim will depend on your situation. You may have as much as two years from the date of your injury to file a claim. But you may also have far less time—possibly only a matter of weeks. To avoid missing a deadline and losing your right to financial recovery, you need to talk to a lawyer right away.
Talk to an East Point Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we only do one thing: we help injured people get the money they need to recover as fully as possible. Let us show you what we can do for you. We will give you a free consultation to talk about your injuries and explain how to get started on a claim. Call us at 1-404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.