It may not be a surprise to most that motorcycle accidents can cause significant injuries or fatalities, but it may be news to some that in many of these accidents it is not the motorcyclist’s fault. Motor vehicle drivers and their lack of motorcycle awareness and negligence behind the wheel are the most common cause of accidents and injuries to motorcycle riders. If you are a motorcyclist that sustains an injury in a motorcycle crash with another vehicle you may be eligible for compensation for your losses in East Point.
Motorcycle Crashes Are Some of the Costliest Personal Injury Accidents
Motorcycle collisions have long held the distinction as some of the most expensive personal injury accidents in the U.S. The losses of a motorcycle crash are exorbitant because of the severity of the injuries and the loss of productivity of the victim in their life. Most motorcycle accident injuries result in permanent damage that cannot be healed completely.
A victim of a motorcycle accident will suffer losses including:
- Medical expenses for treatment including hospitalization, surgery, and rehab
- Emergency medical transportation, which may include an ambulance or medical helicopter transfer
- The days of missed work following a motorcycle crash
- Missed earnings and future income opportunities when injuries cause limitations on your abilities
- The need for at-home care and live-in support if unable to care for yourself
- Pain, suffering and overall deterioration of your physical health and effects on your lifespan
- Emotional and mental trauma and suffering due to the events of the accident, injuries, and your recovery
- The loss of quality of life or your enjoyment of life because of the extent of your injuries and trauma
to find a John Foy office near you
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in East Point Help You Recover Your Damages?
Recovering the overwhelming financial losses and fighting for compensation of the potentially lifelong impacts you will suffer because of a motorcycle accident is difficult and takes time. An East Point motorcycle accident attorney will guide you through the process necessary to set your case up for a successful resolution. A motorcycle accident lawyer has experience and knowledge of the inner workings of a motorcycle crash, its aftermath, and the approach of insurance companies in dealing with these cases.
With an East Point motorcycle accident lawyer at your side, you know that the insurance company will not be able to set aside your claim or cause unnecessary delays. Your lawyer will advocate for your rights, build a strong case on your behalf and help you to prove the losses you have suffered at the hands of a negligent party.
The Stages of a Motorcycle Accident Case Include:
- Evaluation of Your Case
- Discovery of Liability and Gathering of Evidence
- Filing of the Insurance Claim for Damages
- Processing of the Claim and Providing Evidence of Loss and Fault
- Negotiating a Settlement
- Filing of a Lawsuit if Settlement Agreement is Unsuccessful
- Resolution through a Civil Court
East Point Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Damages You Can Include in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Calculating your damages from a motorcycle accident is more complex than many victims anticipate. Fortunately, motorcycle accident attorneys in East Point have the proper background, experience, and resources to make accurate estimates of what your total losses are likely to be following a motorcycle accident. Your attorney will go over each category of damages thoroughly after your motorcycle accident and consider not only the losses you have already sustained but any additional losses and expenses that you may continue to accrue in the future.
Motorcycle accident damages categories include:
- Medical expenses
- Income loss
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
- Property damage
Will You Need to Go to Trial to Resolve Your Motorcycle Accident Case?
Whether or not you will have to go to trial in your motorcycle accident will depend on several factors. The following are some questions that your attorney may consider when making the decision on whether it is necessary to file a lawsuit and proceed with a trial in your motorcycle accident case.
- Is there insurance coverage available that applies to your accident?
- Is the insurance coverage sufficient to cover the value of your injuries and losses?
- Who else may be liable to you for your injuries aside from a driver?
- Does the insurance company offer a settlement that is a reasonable representation of your damages?
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving East Point, call 404-400-4000
The Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims
In East Point, you have to abide by Georgia’s statute of limitations to maintain your right to sue the parties responsible in court. You have only two years from the date of a motorcycle accident to file a personal injury claim for damages through a lawsuit. Additionally, the family of a victim that dies in a motorcycle crash has the same amount of time to begin a wrongful death action for the death of their loved one due to negligence.
How Much Will an East Point Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Cost You?
If you are uncertain about calling an East Point motorcycle accident attorney to represent you in your motorcycle accident case due to financial costs, it may give you some peace of mind, knowing that most motorcycle accident lawyers will not only offer you a free initial consultation on your motorcycle accident case but will not charge you any upfront costs when they accept your case.
When you hire a motorcycle accident attorney in East Point, you do so on a contingency basis. Your attorney will only receive payment for the case if and when you recover any compensation for your losses.
If You Are a Victim of an East Point Motorcycle Accident, Call an Attorney as Soon as Possible
After a motorcycle accident, contact an East Point motorcycle accident lawyer to schedule a free case evaluation. With the help of an attorney, you can gain a better understanding of your rights as a motorcycle accident victim and what compensation you may be eligible for.