Traumatic brain injuries can have a lasting impact on your life. If another party’s negligence or misconduct was the cause of your head or brain damage, you may have the right to compensation for your suffering.
With help from an experienced East Point traumatic brain injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates, you can make the at-fault party pay. Learn more about who could be responsible for your damages when you contact our office for a free consultation.
Steps to Take After a Traumatic Brain Injury
Immediately following your traumatic brain injury (TBI), you may be scared and confused about what your next step should be. It is not uncommon for victims of traumatic brain injuries to make mistakes that can cost them in the long run.
With this in mind, after you have contacted emergency responders and I’m on one, there are specific steps you can take to secure maximum compensation in your traumatic brain injury insurance and civil claims. These include:
- Document the accident scene wherever possible. If your traumatic brain injuries were caused in a car accident, for example, it would be a good idea to obtain the contact information of all involved parties, their insurance information, and the contact details of any witnesses.
- You need to obtain a medical evaluation, even if you initially feel as though you may have only suffered minor injuries. Since the brain is the most complex organ in the human body, even a seemingly minor injury can quickly become catastrophic or fatal.
- After you have been stabilized by your healthcare providers, it is essential that you contact the traumatic brain injury attorney in East Point for help. The sooner a lawyer gets working on your case, the more likely it is we can gather and obtain time-sensitive evidence that could prove culpability in your case.
Get the strong arm
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries to Sue For
You may have concerns that your TBI is not as severe as it may need to be to file a lawsuit. However, if your traumatic brain injuries have had a substantial impact on your life, and someone else is responsible for causing them, you may be entitled to compensation for your suffering.
There are various types of traumatic brain injuries you may be able to sue for in East Point. Some of the more common of which include:
- Brain hemorrhage
- Brain edema
- Skull fracture
- Diffuse axonal injuries
- Hypoxic brain injuries
- Anoxic brain injuries
- Brain aneurysm
- Brain hemorrhage
If you suffered another type of brain injury we did not list above, you may still have the right to compensation for your damages. You can learn more about whether you have the right to file an insurance or civil claim when you contact our traumatic brain injury attorney in East Point for help.
Statute of Limitations for Traumatic Brain Injury Claims in East Point
If you are interested in pursuing compensation via a traumatic brain injury lawsuit in East Point, you will need to file your claim before Georgia’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims expires. This deadline allows for only a maximum of two years to pass before you have the opportunity to pursue your case.
If your claim is not filed before the statute of limitations runs out, you will no longer have the right to compensation through the Georgia civil courts. You can avoid issues with the statute of limitations by having an East Point traumatic brain injury attorney get started on your case as soon as possible after the incident.
How to Recover Compensation for an East Point Traumatic Brain Injury
There are multiple ways in which you could be awarded compensation following a traumatic brain injury in East Point. Generally, there are three ways Injury victims will see compensation for the damages, including:
- Filing a traumatic brain injury claim with the liable party’s insurance company
- Filing a traumatic brain injury claim with your own insurance company
- Filing a civil traumatic brain injury lawsuit against the liable party
Many traumatic brain injury victims will find it necessary to pursue both insurance and civil claims to get the most out of their cases. Many insurance claims limit the amount of compensation injury victims can be awarded.
However, when you file a lawsuit, you have the right to be made whole. Here, you can see compensation for every single loss you endured as a result of the defendant’s negligence.
Cause and Fault for Traumatic Brain Injuries in East Point
For your case to be successful, your traumatic brain injury lawyer in East Point will need to determine culpability for causing your injuries. Traumatic brain damage can occur in a variety of accidents and incidents, such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Work accidents
- Medical malpractice and nursing home abuse
- Premises liabilities
- Defective or malfunctioning products
No matter how your traumatic brain injuries occurred, your lawyer will work tirelessly to determine who is at fault so you can be awarded the compensation and damages you are entitled to.
Contact a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in East Point for Help Today
Accidents causing traumatic brain injuries can be difficult to cope with. Make sure you have access to the compensation you are going to need to get through these difficult times. Reach out to a dedicated East Point traumatic brain injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates for a no-cost, risk-free consultation today.
Our firm proudly offers complimentary case reviews to traumatic brain injury victims across East Point and surrounding cities. Take advantage of this opportunity. Contact our office or complete our quick contact form to get started.