A catastrophic injury is a severe and especially extreme physical injury. Injuries that are considered catastrophic may cause lifelong disabilities or problems.
Suppose you have experienced this type of devastating injury. In that case, a Valdosta catastrophic injury lawyer from John Foy & Associates can help you navigate the legal system to help you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Injuries that Could Be Considered Catastrophic
Various types of injuries can be considered catastrophic. By no means is this an exhaustive list. If you have questions about an injury that you or a loved one may have suffered, please call John Foy & Associates to be connected with an attorney who can assess your damages and potential claims.
- Spinal Injuries
- Head Injuries and Trauma
- Loss of sight
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of mobility
- Facial injuries or disfigurement
- Cognitive Injuries
These injuries can be difficult and expensive to overcome. For instance, some injuries will require therapy, surgeries, and extensive medical treatment. Physical pain, frustration, and costly interventions are often part of coming to terms with a serious injury.
A catastrophic injury lawyer in Valdosta, Georgia, can represent you at this difficult time so that you can claim the financial compensation you need to overcome your injuries and live your life to the fullest again.
Get the strong arm
Possible Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
When proper precautions and care are not practiced, the result can be catastrophic injuries. Here are some possible causes of such damages. Your Valdosta catastrophic injury attorney can assess the compensation you are due by investigating the cause of the injuries.
- Impaired driving. These occur when the driver involved in an accident has been drinking or using drugs.
- Workplace injuries. Were all the necessary precautions and safety measures met? And were the employees given proper training to avoid serious injuries?
- Pedestrian injuries. Streets and paths should be free of hazards and marked.
- Sports incidents. Sports Injuries can take place during training, practice, or competitions. It’s vital to know if protective equipment was supplied and used correctly, and the sports fields should be maintained appropriately so that injuries are not caused by disrepair.
- Boating accidents. Even the most experienced waterman can have an accident on the water. Water levels change, piers and obstacles are hidden in high water, and wreckless and inexperienced sailors can wreak havoc and cause catastrophic accidents.
- Medical mistakes. Medical Malpractice results in a tragic number of catastrophic injuries. Surgeries went wrong, improper diagnosis, errors, or unnecessary treatments.
- Incidents of violence. Violent Crimes can cause their victims trauma and anxiety as well as catastrophic injuries. In Valdosta, Georgia, a catastrophic injury lawyer will help you claim the damages you are due.
- Bicycle accidents. These can happen due to driver negligence, poorly maintained trails, faulty equipment, and carelessness by other cyclists.
- Fires and explosions. These are seemingly freak accidents. But, often occur because of the carelessness of others, as well as poorly maintained safety precautions.
- Falls. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), one of every five falls ends in a severe injury. And 800,000 people are hospitalized because of injuries due to a fall each year.
- Trampoline accidents. Trampolines can cause serious injuries when not appropriately maintained or misused.
Determining Fault and Liability
A catastrophic injury lawyer in Valdosta, Georgia, will walk you through the legal process and ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled.
Whether the catastrophic injury occurred due to an accident, product defects, violent crimes, negligence, workplace errors, violations of civil rights or protections under the law, environmental disasters, or deliberately malice intentions, an attorney can make sure that you seek the costs for current medical bills and future care. They can help calculate the compensation you or your loved one deserve.
Impact of Catastrophic Injuries
The full impact of a catastrophic injury is not immediately determined. The effects on the life of the victims range from tiny things to huge ones. Here are a few ways a victim can be affected by such an injury.
- Financial security. Inability to work and provide financial protection for themselves and their families. Suddenly being unable to provide that security can be damaging financially and emotionally.
- Altered living environment. Creating living spaces that are maneuverable and disability friendly. Small things like counter and sink height to accessible bathrooms are features that are often considered after severe injuries take place.
- Mobility and transportation. These are some essential parts of leading an independent life. These could mean canes, walkers, braces or wheelchairs, wider doorways ramps, or vehicles that are custom equipped for the injured person.
- Service animals and their training Service animals can help restore the independence of the survivor of a catastrophic injury, though they are costly.
- Daily care. While the injured party may be able to care for himself, he may need accommodations to make that happen. This might involve special equipment, physical assistance, or occupational therapy.
- Loss of enjoyment of life. Enjoying a hotdog at a ballgame, a nice swim on a hot day, preparing a gourmet meal, or just making a cup of tea are things we take for granted until we can no longer do them ourselves.
Call a Valdosta Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today
If you need a catastrophic injury attorney in Valdosta, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us so that we can help you win the settlement you, your family member, or your loved one needs to ensure that they have as much independence as they can, the medical care that the victims need and the enjoyment of life that they deserve. We respect you and want to restore your quality of life to be as free of stress for you as possible.
Financial woes should not add to your anxiety or frustration in times like these. So you will not pay until we have won your case. Reach out to John Foy & Associates for a free consultation today.