Workers drive tractor-trailers on Roswell roads every day. With strict schedules and grueling deadlines, large truck drivers are often overworked. A fatigued or careless driver can easily cause a serious accident. If you or a loved one were injured, contact a Roswell tractor-trailer accident lawyer today.
Commercial truck accidents are very complicated. If you were hurt, it’s best to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Trucking companies often have large insurance policies and their own teams of lawyers. You will need strong legal support to help you seek compensation for your accident costs.
Having a lawyer on your side makes all the difference. At John Foy & Associates, we know how to handle truck accident cases in Georgia. We can help determine who is at fault and where you can seek compensation. Call us at (404) 400-4000 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
What to Expect in a Tractor-Trailer Accident Claim
If you or a loved one were in an accident with a tractor-trailer, you have rights. The driver or another party is probably liable for your damages. As an accident victim, you’ll need to prove:
- Who was at fault for your accident
- You were injured because of the accident
- The damages you have from the accident
- The compensation you deserve for your injuries
The first step is usually to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. Here’s a typical process for building your injury claim.
to find a John Foy office near you
Documenting Your Accident
After an accident, evidence can become lost quickly. Witnesses and others involved in the accident can also forget the important details. To protect your rights, it’s best to document what you can from the beginning.
You can document the accident scene by:
- Reporting the accident to the police (as required under the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) §40-6-273)
- Taking pictures of your injuries and vehicle damage
- Photographing the entire accident scene
- Recording the names and contact information of witnesses
- Getting any emergency medical treatment you need
After leaving the scene, save medical bills and other records of your damages. You will need these documents to support your claim. This information can also help your lawyer understand the details of your accident.
Roswell Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Investigating the Details
Contact a Roswell tractor-trailer accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your lawyer can start investigating the accident before evidence fades. That can include:
- Gathering your medical bills, receipts, and more
- Obtaining security camera or traffic camera footage
- Getting statements from witnesses
- Calculating your total damages
After your lawyer investigates, they will build your insurance claim. Your claim will outline your damages and demand compensation. You’ll file the claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Negotiating Your Settlement
After you file your claim, the insurance company must respond. However, the response probably won’t be ideal. Insurance companies often offer lowball settlements when they get an accident claim.
The insurer is hoping you’ll accept the first offer out of desperation. They might also delay their response, hoping you’ll give up on seeking compensation. But with a lawyer on your side, you’ll know better.
An experienced lawyer will know how to negotiate with the insurer. The goal is to get you the financial recovery you deserve. If you cannot reach a settlement, your lawyer can help you go to trial.
For a free legal consultation with a tractor-trailer accidents lawyer serving Roswell, call 404-400-4000
Tractor-Trailer Accidents vs. Other Accidents
Tractor-trailers are enormous commercial trucks. Other names for these trucks are big rigs, semi-trucks, or 18-wheelers. No matter the name, these vehicles are heavy, complicated, and often dangerous.
Tractor-trailer accidents are often more serious than other accidents because:
- Driver fatigue is common. Federal regulations should protect drivers from working too many hours a day. However, trucking companies often set unrealistic standards. Drivers might work longer or forgo rest, leading to serious fatigue.
- Terrible injuries and damage. The size of a tractor-trailer contributes to serious damage during an accident. Victims can suffer severe or life-threatening injuries. Extreme vehicle damage to all vehicles is also common.
- Large insurance policies. Trucking companies know that there’s a lot on the line. They usually have huge insurance policies in case of an accident. This means the insurance company will fight hard to protect its money. Be wary of the insurance company and their tactics when you seek compensation.
- Huge accident costs. Serious injuries lead to extensive medical bills and other damages. Victims can deal with tens of thousands of dollars (or more) in treatment costs and vehicle repairs. You’ll have to fight for the full recovery you deserve.
Tractor-trailer accidents are also more likely to cause death. Too many people lose their lives in these types of accidents. If a family member died in a truck accident, don’t wait to contact a lawyer.
Getting fair compensation after a truck accident is challenging. But it’s not impossible, especially if you have a good lawyer. If you or a loved one were a victim, reach out to John Foy & Associates today.
Our lawyers know what it means to build a strong claim. We’re not afraid of powerful insurance companies or their lawyers. To learn more about what we can do, call (404) 400-4000 for a free consultation.
Common Truck Accident Damages
Tractor-trailers can cause a lot of damage during an accident. If you were injured, you might have damages like:
- Medical bills
- Medication costs
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
Some damages are easier to prove than others, but a truck accident’s costs are often overwhelming. Document everything you can about your losses after the accident. This will help your lawyer build your case and fight for your rights.
Talk to a Roswell Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Today
John Foy & Associates is here for you after your accident. We have been helping accident victims for over 20 years. As the “Strong Arm” of Georgia, we stand firm against the insurance companies. Our team will review your case and help you get started with a FREE consultation.
Working with us is risk-free for each client. We do not charge a fee unless we win you money. To learn more during your free consultation, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.
Call or text 404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form