Anyone driving down I-475 in Macon or the surrounding area knows just how taxing that experience can be. Without a doubt, Interstate 475 is an important freeway, but it is not very long, nor does it require a lot of time spent on it unless you are trying to navigate the city of Macon itself. Yet, accidents occur here often, and when they do, they can often lead to disastrous outcomes.
If you have been hurt in an accident like this, you deserve legal representation, and our team at John Foy & Associates can help you as a trusted Macon Interstate 475 accident lawyer.
What to Know About Macon Interstate 475
Today, I-475, along with the connections to I-75, make it one of the most important travel corridors not just for residents in the region but also for commercial vehicles. In fact, it is one of the most used routes for commercial vehicles that are coming from Florida and traveling beyond Macon to Atlanta and beyond. A car accident lawyer in Macon will help you take legal action if you were injured in the area.
The route from I-475 to the McDonough exit on I-75 is one of the most important freight routes in the region, with more than 35,000 trucks passing by this area each day and an overall 160,000 vehicles on busy days navigating the area.
Because of the amount of traffic along that route, including the full stretch of I-475, there is a higher risk of accidents here than there is in other areas. That route leads to over 80 car crashes each year, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation, resulting in, on average, one death and 20 significant injuries.
Get the strong arm
Why Crashes Occur on Macon I-475
There are numerous potential reasons accidents occur on this stretch of the freeway. Not all are going to lead to serious loss, but many are dangerous. Some common concerns in this area include:
- Peak travel times often lead to densely packed roadways, increasing not just the number of drivers on the road but also the number of accidents likely to occur due to impatient drivers.
- Several of the merge points along I-475 can be tricky, requiring drivers to carefully navigate the roadway while monitoring vehicles entering and exiting the freeway. This can often create a substantial risk at tight merge points.
- Trucks are constantly moving along I-475 to travel from Florida north and south from Atlanta and other areas along the Eastern Coast. As a result, those trucks increase the risk of accidents in this area substantially.
- High speeds also increase risks. While much of I-75 in this area slows to just 60 miles per hour, those who are looking for faster speeds tend to take I-475 to bypass that four-lane slowdown into the city of Macon.
- Though well maintained, driving conditions can be problematic, especially during early morning hours and in wet conditions. Slick areas are common areas for accidents to occur.
No matter why those accidents occur, they can be very worrisome for today’s drivers. When they happen, they often put lives at risk, not just for the one or two cars involved but for every other driver on the road that must find a way to navigate around that stalled vehicle.
Why You Need an Interstate 475 Car Accident Attorney
Like much of the surrounding area, there are cameras throughout this freeway to allow police to record activity and monitor for risks. Yet, even with cameras providing evidence, there are many situations where people are considered guilty of accidents and the damage they did not cause.
Other times, insurance companies delay payment of owed funds, making it hard for you to pay your bills on time. These are just some of the reasons why hiring an accident attorney is so important.
If you have been in an accident on I-475, work with a skilled attorney with ample experience in this specific area. At John Foy & Associates, we provide several key benefits:
- We’ll work with you to determine who is responsible for your losses. That could be another driver, trucking company, or third party.
- Let our team handle the insurance companies so you do not get forced into a settlement that does not cover all of your losses.
- Enable our team to work closely with you to ensure you know what all of those losses are, including medical bills, long-term recovery needs, costly property damage, and even pain and suffering.
At John Foy & Associates, we know that a simple fender bender may seem like no big deal, but when insurance companies don’t pay, they become problems. Let’s avoid that from the start.
Contact Our Car Accident Attorney in Macon for Immediate Help
When you need an Interstate 475 accident lawyer in Macon, put your trust in our team at John Foy & Associates. We are committed to providing you with exceptional support in navigating even the most significant losses you’ve faced. Call our office or submit our contact form to schedule a free consultation.