Major traffic collisions on Atlanta’s highways have more than doubled in recent years, with the number of fatalities following the same course. Speeding, impaired, and aggressive driving place some of Atlanta’s most vulnerable commuters at risk making highways particularly unsafe for pedestrians, bicyclists, children, and senior adults. Commuting safely in an aggressive environment can be challenging.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an Atlanta highway accident, reach out to an experienced Atlanta highway accident lawyer to ensure you have representation in an overwhelmed system. John Foy & Associates will make you a priority and aggressively pursue the best results for your case making it easier to receive compensation.
Navigating the legal aftermath of a highway accident requires seasoned guidance; that’s why our Atlanta car accident lawyers are committed to providing exceptional representation for those affected by such traumatic events.
Dangers of Daily Commuting in Atlanta
The time of day you commute and the day you are commuting can increase your chances of being the victim of traffic violence in Atlanta. The data compiled by the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) sheds light on and brings awareness to commuters’ more dangerous traveling times.
- Times of day: You are more likely to be the victim of traffic violence between the hours of 3 p.m. – 6 pm.
- Days of the Week: Friday commutes are more likely to result in a crash, closely followed by Thursdays. Tuesdays and Wednesdays produce a similar number of collisions.
- Highest Fatalities by Day: Sundays see more fatalities in Atlanta than any other day.
- Highest Fatalities by Month: May and August tie for the highest monthly fatalities. December barely falls behind these two months.
- Factors in crashes: Drivers in Atlanta are driving while distracted more often, causing injury to other motorists and pedestrians. Internal and external distractions are constant challenges for drivers making it more difficult to focus safely on their surroundings.
The growth of the Atlanta region has contributed significantly to the rise in automobile crashes, specifically at the intersections of highways I-85 and I-285, known as Spaghetti Junction, known to wreak havoc on the daily commute of thousands and pose a significant threat to safe travel. The bottleneck created by the convergence of I-85 and I-75 is among the worst in our nation. I-20, I-575, and I-675, additionally have experienced an increase in highway accidents.
According to studies, Atlanta commuters have one of the top ten worst commutes in the nation. Pedestrian fatalities are three times higher than in other major cities like Boston, Seattle, and Minneapolis.
Get the strong arm
Accidents Are Equal Opportunity
No one is exempt from being involved in an accident in Atlanta, but the compensation will not be the same in each case. Not everyone understands the rules that apply to the many types of altercations that can occur.
An Atlanta highway accident attorney is your best source of understanding what happens from the moment an altercation occurs until the legal process is settled, no matter what type of accident you are involved in.
- Car accidents: Car accidents are the most common type of traffic altercation for motorists. These can include single or multiple cars at the same time.
- Truck accidents: As Atlanta has become a national hub for transporting international goods, the number of commercial trucks utilizing the highways in Atlanta has increased exponentially. A standard automobile, motorcycle, or pedestrian is no match for the size of a commercial motor vehicle transporting thousands of pounds of material.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are more likely to sustain fatal injuries when in an accident than other motorists. Motorcycles offer a sense of freedom but very little protection when involved in an accident, even when the best safety equipment protects the driver.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians on Atlanta’s highways do not have the same safety provisions in place as motorists. The lack of safe pathways, crosswalks, and walkways makes traveling the roads on foot treacherous.
Compensation for Atlanta Accident Victims
Knowledge and experience are your greatest assets when you or a loved one has been in an accident and requires the guidance of a highway accident attorney in Atlanta. Understanding what you can be compensated for is best explained by a team working in your interest. Insurance companies are not looking to offer this guidance but to limit payment amounts.
Every accident is different. You may talk to a friend about their experience and compensation in an accident, but you will only understand best what compensation you should receive when you speak personally to an Atlanta highway accident attorney.
- Compensation for all expenses related to the crash: Damages to your vehicle, towing expenses, and other debts immediately accumulate when an accident occurs.
- Compensation for wages lost while recuperating: If you are fortunate, the amount of time spent out of work due to an accident is minimal. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
- Pain and suffering: Accidents can cause significant trauma that lingers.
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages: There may be things you can no longer do once you have been the victim of traffic violence. Life can change dramatically.
- Possible punitive damages: Victims of particularly horrific accidents may request punitive damages.
Our team at John Foy & Associates, comprised of expert personal injury lawyers in Atlanta, is dedicated to securing the justice and compensation our clients deserve after a highway accident.
Experience in Atlanta Highway Accidents
A highway accident lawyer in Atlanta should understand the challenges facing every commuter, have knowledge of the complicated systems at work on our highways, and produce an effective outcome for victims of traffic violence. With Atlanta’s never-ending growth resulting in a burdened highway system, injuries and fatalities from highway accidents have become a part of life.
John Foy & Associates should be your first call if you or a loved one is involved in a highway accident in Atlanta. We see substantial results for our clients because of the dedication we bring to each case, and we are known for outstanding success. You become our top priority from the first phone call, and we treat you with the respect you deserve.
Let John Foy & Associates answer the difficult questions for you. We aim to let you get back to life. At the same time, we tackle the system on your behalf with the proven skills to easily take on the insurance companies and legal litigation involved in any highway accident in Atlanta.