Highway 85 is one of the busiest highways in Atlanta, Georgia. With thousands of vehicles traveling on it every day, accidents are inevitable. While some accidents may only cause minor injuries, others can be catastrophic, leading to severe injuries or even death. If you have been in an accident on Highway 85, it is essential to seek the services of an Atlanta Highway 85 accident attorney from John Foy & Associates for help.
Navigating the legal aftermath of a highway accident requires seasoned guidance; that’s why our Atlanta highway accident lawyers are committed to providing exceptional representation for those affected by such traumatic events.
Types of Accidents on Highway 85
According to the Federal Highway Administration, Highway 85 is approximately 1,600 miles long, with a significant portion of the highway running through the state of Georgia. As with any busy highway, many accidents can occur on Highway 85. Below are common accidents that a Highway 85 accident lawyer in Atlanta may handle.
Rear-end collisions occur when one vehicle hits another from behind. These accidents often occur when one driver follows too closely or is distracted and fails to stop in time to avoid a collision. Rear-end collisions can cause whiplash, neck injuries, and other injuries to the driver and passengers of the impacted vehicle.
These accidents can be catastrophic and often result in severe injuries or death. Head-on collisions can occur due to driver distraction, fatigue, or impairment or when a driver crosses the centerline into oncoming traffic.
Sideswipe accidents occur when two vehicles traveling parallel to each other collide. These accidents can be caused by driver distraction, improper lane changes, or failure to yield the right of way. Sideswipe accidents can cause injuries to the driver and passengers of both vehicles.
Multi-vehicle pileups occur when three or more vehicles collide with each other in a chain reaction. These accidents often occur during heavy traffic, inclement weather, or poor road conditions. Multi-vehicle pileups can cause severe injuries, fatalities, and significant property damage.
T-bone collisions occur when one vehicle strikes another from the side at a perpendicular angle, forming a T-shape. T-bone collisions can cause severe injuries, especially to the driver and passengers of the impacted vehicle.
These accidents can be caused by driver error, such as overcorrecting or swerving, or due to external factors like a tire blowout or road conditions. Rollover accidents can cause severe injuries or death, especially for passengers not wearing seatbelts.
Get the strong arm
Common Injuries in Highway 85 Accidents
The average daily traffic volume on Highway 85 in the Atlanta metropolitan area ranges from approximately 90,000 to 140,000 vehicles per day, depending on the location. Accidents can result in many injuries, including the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are among the most severe injuries resulting from an accident on Highway 85. TBIs can lead to cognitive impairments, memory loss, mood changes, and other long-term disabilities.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can occur when the spine is impacted during an accident on Highway 85. These injuries can lead to partial or complete paralysis, loss of sensation, and other long-term disabilities.
- Whiplash: A whiplash injury occurs when the head is jerked forward and backward quickly, causing strain or sprain of the neck muscles and ligaments. Whiplash can cause neck pain, headaches, and other symptoms lasting several weeks or months.
- Broken bones: Broken bone injuries can be severe, leading to long-term disabilities and chronic pain. Broken bones may require surgery, physical therapy, and other healing treatments.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries, such as bruises, contusions, and lacerations, are common in all accidents on Highway 85. While these injuries may not be life-threatening, they can cause significant pain and discomfort and require medical attention.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries can occur when the body is impacted during an accident on Highway 85. These injuries can be severe, and symptoms may not appear immediately. Internal injuries can include organ damage, internal bleeding, and other serious conditions that require immediate medical attention.
Our team at John Foy & Associates, comprised of expert personal injury lawyers in Atlanta, is dedicated to securing the justice and compensation our clients deserve after a highway accident.
How an Atlanta Highway 85 Accident Attorney Can Help
An Atlanta Highway 85 accident lawyer can provide invaluable help and support if you have been involved in an accident on the highway. They can guide you through the legal process, ensuring you understand your legal rights and options. Additionally, they can investigate the accident’s circumstances, gather evidence, and interview witnesses to build a strong case on your behalf.
An experienced lawyer can also negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, handle all communication with them, and fight for your rights in court if necessary. Moreover, a Highway 85 accident attorney in Atlanta can provide emotional support and guidance as you navigate the accident’s aftermath. They can connect you with medical professionals and other specialists who can provide the care and support you need to recover from your injuries.
The lawyer can also help you maximize compensation for injuries and damages. They can assess the long-term impact of your injuries and ensure that you receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
An Atlanta Highway 85 accident lawyer can be your best ally after an accident on the highway. They can help you navigate the legal process and provide emotional support. If you have been involved in an accident on Highway 85, do not hesitate to seek the services of an experienced Highway 85 accident lawyer in Atlanta right away.
Contact John Foy & Associates for an Atlanta Highway 85 Accident Lawyer
An experienced Atlanta Highway 85 accident lawyer from John Foy & Associates can help you navigate the legal process and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. With their help, you can focus on your recovery and move forward with your life. Contact us today to learn more about your options and how we can help you with your case.