Myia Wood was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri. After graduating from Southeast Missouri State University with a Political Science degree, she attended Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston, Texas. For the previous 13 years, Myia has designated her legal career to Social Security Disability. She has worked with the Social Security Administration as an Attorney Advisor as well as represented individuals before the Social Security Administration for over 10 years.
Even in her off time, Myia volunteers with organizations that fight social injustice; however, her most rewarding role is being the mother of Khalil (son) and Charly (daughter).
- State Bar of Georgia, 2007
- Northern District of Georgia—2012
- Middle District Court of Georgia—2015
- For Law School:
- CALI Award for Excellence—Lawyering Process
- Southeast Missouri State University, 2004
- Political Science Degree
- Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 2007