Personal Injury Lawyers in Douglasville
If you were hurt in Douglasville and the injury was not your fault, you could have a legal right to recover money for your costs—including medical bills, prescription drugs, missed work days and more. You need to speak to a lawyer.
John Foy & Associates has over 20 years of experience helping people who have been injured. We started as a small local law firm and rose to become one of the largest, most successful names in the state—even earning the nickname “the Strong Arm” because of our tough approach to insurance companies. Our Douglasville personal injury lawyers know how to get you the money you need. Let us give you a free consultation and help you decide if you have a claim. Call John Foy & Associates and get your free consultation today at 404-800-4899.
What should I do after an injury?
Some injuries are temporary while others are life-changing. But all injuries are stressful, frustrating, and potentially very expensive. The best thing you can do after you’re injured is to be your own advocate and take simple steps to protect your rights. The two most important steps you can take include:
- DON’T sign anything from the insurance company. We often see insurance companies rush in after an accident to offer the victim fast cash. This money can be tempting, especially when you have medical bills already piling up. But be careful—the reason insurance companies do this is to try to settle your claim before you know how much your injury really costs. If you accept the money, you could sign away your right to a much larger amount. Never take a check, sign any paperwork, or give the insurance company a statement until you have talked to a lawyer.
- DO talk to a lawyer immediately.
- Take the time to talk to a personal injury lawyer. The single most important step you can take after an injury is to accept a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer. A good lawyer will have a long history working on cases like yours, and will be able to tell whether you have a strong claim. They can also help you get the medical advice you need to know the full extent of your injuries and what the long-term cost will be. This one step could help you get tens of thousand of dollars more than the insurance company originally offered.
How do I know if I have a valid claim?
As a general rule, if the accident was not your fault you have a claim. We often see injury victims who are too quick to blame themselves, or to write the injury off as a freak accident. The law doesn’t see it this way. Most injuries could have been prevented and are the result of someone’s negligence. This is true of many car accidents, slip and fall incidents and other common injuries. Negligence doesn’t mean that anyone set out to hurt you on purpose, it just means that their carelessness helped cause the accident. If this is the case, then their insurance is liable for your injuries.
The most common types of personal injury claims we work on include:
- Vehicle accidents
- Tripping or slipping and falling
- Being hit by a car while walking or biking
- Injured by a mugger
- Neglect in nursing homes
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription drugs
Nearly any type of injury can qualify.
Do I have to go to court to win a personal injury claim in Douglasville?
Not usually. Sometimes we do run into an insurance company that refuses to negotiate unless we take them to court. This could be because they are too confident in their evidence, or it could be because they think they can discredit you in front of a jury. If this is the case, we will advise you on how strong your case is and help you decide if you should take your claim all the way to the local courts. If you decide to go to court, we will handle the process for you as much as possible.
It’s much more common for the insurance companies to negotiate without going to court. At John Foy & Associates, we are renowned for our ability to hammer the insurance companies at the bargaining table. This is because we start every claim by launching our own investigation into the injury and reconstructing exactly what happened. Then we can confront the insurance company with hard proof of the full extent of your injuries and the total amount of money you need. Often, this is all it takes to win you a large financial recovery.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Douglasville?
We don’t believe you should have to pay out of pocket to get legal help.
Instead, at John Foy & Associates we use a simple payment structure:
- Your consultation is always free
- You pay nothing out of pocket, ever
- If we don’t get you money, you won’t pay us anything
If we recover money for you then we get paid as a percentage and you keep everything else. That way you get professional legal help with no risk.
How long do I have to file an injury claim in Douglasville?
The deadlines in the City of Douglasville are set by both state and federal law. Different types of cases have different time limits, and which one applies you to you depends on the details of your case. At most you will have up to two years from the date of your accident. In some cases, however, you may only have weeks. This is why we urge every accident victim to talk to a lawyer right away.
Speak to a Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates our only mission is to help the victims of injuries. Let us show you the difference it makes to have a professional on your side. We will give you a free consultation to answer your questions and help you get started with your claim. Call us at 404-800-4899 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.