Commercial trucks are an essential part of our economy and community. Their commute is a sign of a healthy economy. While they are crucial to maintaining businesses, they are also very dangerous.
When a commercial vehicle veers off the road, it causes devastating damage to everyone around. Truck drivers spend hours, days, and sometimes weeks on the road, which can lead to fatigue and driver error. If you are in a truck accident, you must speak with a truck accident lawyer in Dacula, GA, from John Foy & Associates to hold negligent truck drivers accountable.
Types of Commercial Trucking Collisions
Dacula residents assume all trucks are the same, and if you have seen one commercial truck, you have seen them all, but there are some differences in these trucks. Let’s break down the different commercial trucks we see in Dacula:
- Commercial vehicles: most often, when we speak of commercial trucks, we are referring to semis and big rigs. There are also delivery trucks, tankers, government vehicles, and more in this category.
- Tracker trailer: many trucks travel without a trailer, but the trailer is essential to transporting goods. Trailers are usually 53 feet long and have space for 13 rows of pallets plus additional space.
- Dump trucks and log trucks: construction zones, garbage, and wood, require the use of trucks. These trucks are smaller than commercial vehicles and tractor-trailers, but they can still do a lot of damage.
- Truck underride accidents: trucks in every category can cause underride accidents because of their size. The smaller vehicle slides or is stuck under the truck, which is often deadly.
The next time you see a truck, remember that regardless of size, it is still dangerous, and drivers must have the proper training to operate it. Our Dacula truck accident lawyers can work with the different requirements needed for each truck accident claim.
Get the strong arm
Why Truck Accidents Happen
The one thing all trucks have in common is they are dangerous, and accidents happen for similar reasons. Our Dacula truck accident attorneys will investigate your claim and determine the cause and who is liable. Most often, we will identify one of the following reasons as the cause of your accident:
- Lack of training: truck companies are responsible for ensuring their drivers have adequate training and their employees know their legal responsibilities.
- Inadequate truck maintenance: failure to maintain and sideline trucks is a violation, and everyone involved is legally responsible for anything that occurs from lack of maintenance.
- Commercial rules violations: trucking companies and their drivers violate safety and other federal regulations leading to devastating consequences.
- Negligent hiring: Truck companies are responsible for running background checks and investigating every employee before they can hire and train them. Truck companies failing to vet their employees can cause accidents and injuries.
- Driver error or negligence: speeding, distractions, intoxication, and other reckless actions can lead to severe accidents and injuries. Drivers are fully responsible for avoiding distractions and maintaining their speed.
Many causes of commercial truck accidents exist, but those mentioned above are the most common in Dacula and across Georgia.
Truck Driver Regulations
Trucking companies and their drivers must adhere to federal regulations regarding health, hours of service, and vehicle maintenance. Truck drivers must have a commercial truck license and be in good health. Safety measures and maintenance schedules are where violations happen most often, and that is where the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration must place additional requirements.
Safety inspections happen yearly, and trucking companies neglect their vehicles until they are due for review. When they do not perform regular maintenance, they endanger everyone. Truck drivers must inspect their vehicles before every ride and report any dangers to their employers.
Victims Need Compensation
You can obtain compensation for your losses when you suffer a catastrophic injury. The payment you obtain will cover your medical bills and lost wages and pay for additional services you require during your recovery.
Commercial truck accidents are cataphoric, and the insurance company knows they are responsible for paying your losses. Sadly, they will shift the blame and employ delay tactics, so they do not pay you what you need.
When you work with John Foy & Associates, we will calculate every penny the truck company owes you for the negligent actions of their drivers and themselves. We will seek economic and noneconomic damages, including:
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of future earning potential
- Mental anguish
When there are criminal actions from the driver, like intoxication, a truck accident attorney in Dacula, GA can seek punitive damages. John Foy & Associates will discuss your potential for compensation as we move through your case.
Commercial Trucks Are Deadly
Commercial trucks weigh upwards of 18,000 pounds, and your 4,000-pound passenger vehicle is not a match. While injuries are debilitating, there is an outcome worse than permanent injury: death. Your loved one can die in a commercial truck accident anywhere in George.
Surviving family members can seek wrongful death claims. While it does not bring the deceased back, compensation from a lawsuit acts like justice by providing a financial foundation for loved ones. We can seek damages for the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of guidance and protection
- Loss of household contributions
- The medical cost incurred from the accident before their death
Losing a loved one is hard to contend with; you should not face the legal struggle alone.
You Need the Strong Arm
A commercial truck accident has left you with pain and a plethora of medical appointments. You have enough on your plate; you do not need to face the legal battle independently. Truck companies are vicious, and they employ teams of lawyers to fight victims.
You must have the Strong Arm in your corner to level the playing field. A Dacula truck accident lawyer from John Foy & Associates is compassionate and knowledgeable, and we work to help our clients during this challenging time. Schedule an initial case review immediately.