We regret to announce you that the Survivor of a Car Accident Scholarship is currently closed. The 2022 program ended on June 15, 2022, and the scholarship committee is currently reviewing applications for selecting a winner. We do not accept applications at this time. However, we encourage you to check back regularly for future scholarships.
For over 20 years, the attorneys of John Foy & Associates have worked to help the victims of car accidents and their families. But we understand that the impact of a car accident doesn’t always end when the medical bills are paid. Many car accidents leave a lasting effect on the victims — whether in the form of injuries, pain, emotional trauma, or simply a life-changing memory.
We don’t believe that any of those effects should change a student’s plans for college. At John Foy & Associates, we are deeply moved when we see accident victims pushing forward with their life plans despite their injuries — and we want to help. That is why we are proud to announce the John Foy & Associates Survivor of a Car Accident Scholarship of $1,000.
The scholarship is open to students who have themselves been the victim of a car accident, as well as those who had a close loved one harmed in a car accident. We want to see you succeed at you education and career goals no matter how the accident affected you.
Please choose ONE of the topics below, and write an essay that shows why you are the ideal candidate for this scholarship. Please limit essays to 500 to 1,000 words in length.
- Topic #1:If you were injured in your accident, how did that injury affect your views toward your future, your goals, and your ability to pursue your dreams? Were you worried that you would no longer be able to pursue those goals — and how did that struggle change you?
- Topic #2: Car accidents can often cause a profound change in how we see ourselves and how we live our lives. Did you find that you were different in any way after your accident, compared to before? What changed, and how have you grown from it?
- Topic #3: If your loved one was the victim of the accident, how did you react? What did your family or friends need from you during the months following the accident, and how did the experience change you? How did it change your goals for the future?
To qualify for the John Foy & Associates Survivor of a Car Accident Scholarship, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You have firsthand experience of either surviving a car accident yourself, or being affected by a close friend or relative who was the victim of a car accident
- You must be enrolled in an accredited graduate school, college or university, or you are an incoming freshman at an accredited institution
- The institution must be in the United States
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You must submit an unofficial high school or college transcript; a completed application; and your essay
- We must receive your completed application by the deadline below
Your application MUST be received by: June 15, 2022
How to Apply
To apply for the John Foy & Associates Survivor of a Car Accident Scholarship, carefully check that you meet the eligibility requirements, then simply complete the application form found on this page.
Terms and Conditions
You can read the terms and conditions of this scholarship here.
Announcements about the previous winners of our scholarship can be found on the In The Community page or by clicking one of the links below.
We regret that, for legal reasons, we are unable to accept calls, emails, or other communication regarding the scholarship, or answer any questions, other than those submitted here. All the necessary details about this scholarship can be found above. We will make sure to contact you in case we need any further information.
Any applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.