In you were injured in Dunwoody, you may be facing growing medical bills and a lot of uncertainty. But you may have a legal right to recover money to pay for your medical bills, physical therapy, and even lost time from work—and it may be far more than the insurance company first offers. You need to talk to a Dunwoody personal injury lawyer.
John Foy & Associates has been helping injured people get the money they need for more than two decades. In the early days, we were just a small local law office, but we have grown into one of the biggest legal names in the state. We’re called “the Strong Arm” because we know how to muscle money out of insurance companies. Our Dunwoody personal injury lawyers have the skill and experience to take on even the toughest and most complicated claims. Let us offer you a free consultation to discuss your claim. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What should I do after an injury?
The number one thing you should do after being injured is to see a doctor. Even if you think you weren’t badly hurt, injuries can develop complications or get worse over time. A doctor will evaluate you and get your started with treatment that can dramatically shorten your recovery time.
Our other major recommendation is to be your own advocate and protect your rights.
What are the steps you should follow after an injury?
- DO NOT take insurance company money right away. It’s common for an insurance company to offer money to victims right after an accident. While this seems generous, it’s actually the opposite. The insurance company is trying to make a bigger profit by settling your claim quickly and for the smallest amount possible. If you take the insurance money, you’ll have to sign away your right to ever recover anything else—even if your injuries turn out to be much more serious and expensive than you originally thought. ALWAYS talk to a lawyer before you take an insurance company check or sign any paperwork.
- DO talk to a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can. A lawyer has the experience to evaluate the legal side of your accident and tell you if you have a good case. A lawyer can get medical experts to perform a full evaluation and calculate just what your injuries are going to cost. And a lawyer can review insurance company offers and drive a hard bargain to get the insurance company to give you what your injuries are really worth. You may recover tens of thousands of dollars more, just because you have a lawyer.
How can I tell if I have a valid personal injury claim?
Our Dunwoody personal injury attorneys see many injured people who blame themselves or believe that no one is at fault. But the law views fault differently than that. Legally, if someone else broke a law or was not as careful as they reasonably should have been, they were “negligent.” When someone’s negligence causes injuries, the negligent person must pay for them. There are many ways to be negligent. For example, a driver might be negligent in failing to stop at a stoplight, texting and driving, or driving drunk. A property owner may be negligent in failing to clean up a slippery spill.
Common situations that lead to personal injury claims include:
- Vehicle accidents
- Slipping or tripping and falling
- Being hit by a car while walking or bicycling
- Being hurt by a mugger
- Nursing home neglect
- Being injured by a defective product
- Being injured by a dangerous medical device
- Being hurt by harmful prescription drugs
Almost any kind of injury can potentially lead to a personal injury claim. The best way to tell whether you have a valid claim is to speak with a good personal injury lawyer.
Do I have to sue someone?
Not usually. Most people are able to recover money outside the courtroom, through negotiation. And in most cases this money is paid by an insurance company—not from any individual involved.
Occasionally, our Dunwoody personal injury lawyers have a claim where the insurance company won’t negotiate unless we file a lawsuit. This might happen because the insurance company thinks its evidence is strong or because it thinks it can undermine our witnesses in a jury trial. If you are in this situation, we will explain it to you and give you our professional opinion of the strength of your case and the pros and cons of going to the local courts. If you want to take your case to court, our lawyers are prepared to be with you all the way.
Usually, however, things play out differently. Lawsuits are expensive, and insurance companies are usually willing to negotiate to avoid the courtroom. At John Foy & Associates, we prepare every case thoroughly. We take the time to conduct our own investigation into the way your injury happened and what it will take for you to heal. When we show our hard evidence to the insurance company, they know we won’t back down until they come through with a substantial financial recovery.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost in Dunwoody?
Our Dunwoody injury attorneys don’t want injured people to give up their legal rights they can’t afford a lawyer. And we don’t want you struggling to pay legal bills on top of everything else.
At John Foy & Associates, we’ve designed our fees to be affordable for everyone:
- Your consultation is free.
- There are no out of pocket charges, ever.
- We will only collect a fee if we win you money. Otherwise, you pay nothing, ever.
If we win money for you, we will take our fee out as a percentage at the end. The rest is yours. We take the financial risk to make sure you can get help when you need it.
Is there a deadline to file an injury claim in Dunwoody?
There are strict deadlines for filing injury claims in the City of Dunwoody, and if you miss your deadline you probably will not be able to recover anything at all. The deadlines, set by state and federal law, vary depending on the circumstances of your injury. You may have up to two years from the date of your injury to file a claim. But some people must file their claims much more quickly—sometimes within a few weeks. To avoid giving up your right to recover money, see a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Talk to a Dunwoody Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we get injured people the money they deserve. Let us show you how we can help you after an accident or other type of injury. We’d like to give you a free consultation to talk about your case and answer your questions. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.