If you were hurt in a car accident in Dalton, you should speak to a lawyer. Many car accident victims don’t realize how expensive their injuries can end up being. Even seemingly small injuries like whiplash can become major problems, requiring months or years of treatment. The costs of more serious injuries can run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. You need to make sure you get the full amount you need from your insurance company, and a good Dalton car accident lawyer can help you do that.
At John Foy & Associates, we know how to get you the money you need. We are one of the largest and most experienced car accident law firms that practice in the City of Dalton. For over 20 years, we have helped car accident victims achieve the fullest possible recovery after their accident, and get the money to cover it. We understand that the months following an accident are a time of uncertainty, pain and stress, and we want to be there for you when you need our help the most. Find out what we can do for your case. Call John Foy & Associates at 706-400-4000 and get a free consultation today.
How can a Dalton car accident lawyer help my claim?
All too often, car accident victims make the mistake of thinking the insurance company is their friend. You spend good money for your insurance policy, but when you have an accident, they will do everything possible to try to get out of paying you—or to keep the amount as low as possible. We have seen insurance companies use a variety of tactics:
- They may call you to ask “friendly” questions, asking if you’re feeling better, only to use that information against you later.
- They typically offer a quick payment as soon as you file your claim—just as you are starting to worry about doctor bills. If you accept this payment, you sign away your right to additional money, even if you need more treatment.
- They may delay processing your claim so that your bills start to pile up and you become worried about money. Then they’ll offer you a tiny settlement when you’re most stressed about money.
- They may pressure you to sign the paperwork as fast as possible, before you know the full extent of your injury, hoping that you agree to an amount that won’t cover everything you need.
Insurers are good at using these tactics, because they always have a large legal team working against you. You have no way to push back against this kind of bullying unless you have a lawyer of your own. As soon as you get a lawyer, the insurance company knows that you’re not going to fall for their tricks and you’re not going to settle for pennies. That’s when they’re willing to come to the bargaining table.
What kind of costs can I recover after a car accident?
Your lawyer will work with you to make sure everything is covered. In general, any cost or loss related to the accident could be covered. These costs can include:
- All of your medical bills related to the car accident to date
- The estimated cost of future medical care you will need
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, or any other kind of rehabilitation
- Medication costs
- Any lost work time related to the accident
- Car repairs or the cost of a new car if necessary
You may also get an additional sum if you suffer any permanent disability or other serious loss. There is no way for money to make up for these kinds of losses, but the money can help offset the financial difficulties involved.
How do I know if I have a case?
The only way to know for sure is to get a professional opinion. Don’t second guess your claim—you may have a case even if you don’t know it. We’ve seen successful car accident claims in all kinds of accidents:
- Head on collisions
- Rear end collisions
- Rain, fog, or dangerous road conditions
- Distracted driving accidents
- Hit by a drunk driver
- Tire failure
- Whiplash injuries
- Hit and run
- Uninsured motorists
The first thing we’ll do when you contact us is send out our investigator to gather evidence, photos and statements about the accident. We then reconstruct exactly what happened, with evidence to back it up. Often, this is all it takes to get the insurance company to offer you a much larger amount.
Will I have to go to court for a Dalton car accident claim?
Usually you will not. Most car accident claims are resolved without going to court and often without even filing a lawsuit. Your case begins with your lawyer sitting down and bargaining with the insurance company. We will present medical opinions on the full extent of your injuries, estimates on the cost of treatment, and evidence to show how the accident happened. Our goal is to resolve your case quickly and easily, without going to court.
Sometimes the insurance company won’t budge. In that case we will advise you on whether it’s worth pursuing it all the way to the local courts. The choice is yours to make. If you do take your case to trial, we will do all the work for you and make the process as low-stress as possible.
How much will it cost to hire a Dalton car accident lawyer?
It should cost you nothing out of pocket.
At John Foy & Associates, we know that going through an accident can be painful, stressful and expensive. We don’t believe in piling more bills on top of you. That’s why we’ve created a simple, risk-free payment structure:
- You pay nothing for your first consultation or any consultation
- You pay nothing out of pocket
- You pay nothing ever unless we win you money
If we win a financial recovery on your behalf, we take our fee out of the recovery and you keep everything else. If we don’t win you money, we charge nothing. We believe this is the fairest system for our clients.
Talk to a Dalton Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates has helped car accident victims for over 20 years. Let us help you. Contact us to get a FREE consultation and learn your legal options, with no obligation. Call us at 706-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.