When a police chase begins in Marietta, there are many risks. Even if the police catch the suspect, various innocent people can sustain injuries. If you were the victim of this type of accident, you have legal rights. Talk to a Marietta car accident lawyer today.
Our attorney at John Foy & Associates can help. No matter how your accident happened, we can let you know your options. Our lawyers are not afraid to fight for the compensation you deserve. Plus, we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.
Contact us today to learn more about your financial recovery. You could be entitled to full compensation for your damages. Call us at (404) 400-4000 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
Marietta Laws for Police Chases
Police officers must follow specific rules when pursuing a suspect. Under Georgia Code Section 40-6-6, law enforcement vehicles can:
- Run a red light or stop sign only after slowing down to ensure it’s safe.
- Exceed the speed limit only if they are careful not to harm people or property.
- Violate standard traffic laws only if they are using their flashing lights and sirens.
While chasing someone, a police officer must exercise caution. If you can show that an officer did not follow the law, they could be responsible for your injuries. In some cases, the fleeing suspect could also be at fault.
to find a John Foy office near you
How a Marietta Police Chase Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
When you contact a Marietta police chase lawyer, they will investigate the crash. They look at factors like:
- Was the police chase necessary based on what risk the suspect posed to the public?
- Did police officers perform the chase with enough regard for others’ safety?
- Were the police officers negligent at any point during the chase?
Your lawyer will determine who was liable in the accident. If law enforcement was negligent in any way, they could be responsible for your damages.
At John Foy & Associates, we’ll investigate how your accident occurred. We’ll also gather evidence of your damages and determine what compensation you deserve. Our attorneys are not afraid to fight for your rights.
To schedule a FREE, no-risk consultation today, call us at (404) 400-4000, or contact us online.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
How to Seek Compensation After a Police Chase Car Accident
After your lawyer has investigated the accident, they’ll begin building your injury case. Before you can seek compensation, you’ll need to build a strong claim. An experienced lawyer can help you do this by:
- Learning more about the crash. We’ll ask questions about the accident and how it has affected you.
- Helping you look ahead. We’ll discuss your legal options and what you can expect,
- Deadline with the insurance company. Our attorneys can handle all communications with the insurance company.
- Gathering strong evidence. We’ll get information about the accident and work with experts to show what occurred.
- Calculating your damages. Based on your accident costs, we’ll determine what a fair settlement should look like for you.
- Negotiating for a fair settlement. Insurance companies often offer a lowball settlement for your claim. Your lawyer can negotiate with the insurer for compensation to cover your damages.
- Representing you at trial. If you cannot get a fair settlement, your lawyer will prepare for trial. At John Foy & Associates, we are not afraid to take your case as far as necessary.
A good police chase lawyer should do whatever is possible to get you fair compensation. They should keep you up-to-date on each stage of your case and answer any questions you have along the way. Their number priority should be full compensation for your damages.
What You Can Recover After Police Chase Injuries in Marietta
If you were not at fault for the accident, you deserve full recovery for your costs. You might have personal injury damages like:
- Current and future medical costs
- Long-term medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your lawyer will wait until they know all of your accident costs. If you have severe injuries, it’s best to wait until you’ve fully completed treatment. You’ll want to account for all current and future medical costs. Otherwise, you could end up paying out of pocket for injuries you did not cause.
If a loved one died in a police chase accident, you could have a wrongful death case. Talk to your lawyer about how you might bring a lawsuit on behalf of a loved one.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Marietta, call 404-400-4000
You Have Two Years to Bring a Case in Marietta
After a police chase car accident, you have limited time to take action. In Georgia, the statute of limitations is usually two years from the crash date. However, if you are bringing a case against a police department, you might only have six months to bring legal action.
If you wait too long, you could miss the deadline to seek compensation. Talk to a lawyer today to make sure you’re taking action as soon as possible.
At John Foy & Associates, we’ll ensure you stay within the statute of limitations for your case. We can help you start building a claim as soon as possible. The sooner you can get started, the better it will be for your legal rights.
Talk to a Marietta Car Accident Caused by Police Chase Lawyer for Free Today
At John Foy & Associates, we know how overwhelming a police chase claim can be for victims. You might not know where to get started. You might also worry about what it means to bring a case against law enforcement.
With our help, you don’t have to worry about the legal intricacies of building a case. We can help you get started as soon as possible. Plus, there are no upfront fees to work with us. There is no fee at all for you unless we win you compensation.
To schedule a FREE, no-risk consultation, call us at (404) 400-4000, or contact us online today.