Bicycle accidents have been known to produce devastating injuries. However, it may not always be clear whether someone else is responsible for causing your accident. If you suffered critical injuries in a bicycle accident in College Park and you are not sure where to turn for help, you need a trusted legal advocate you can count on.
Contact an experienced College Park bicycle accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates to find out who is at fault for your accident. You can learn more about what your bicycle accident claim is worth when you contact our office for a free consultation.
Grounds for a Bicycle Accident Claim in College Park
One of the top reasons more College Park bicycle accident victims do not seek legal action following their injuries is because they do not know whether they have grounds for a claim. It can be difficult to tell whether you have the right to take legal action after you have been injured in a bike accident.
However, there are a couple of questions you can ask yourself to determine whether contacting a lawyer is in your best interests. These include:
- Is someone else responsible for causing your bicycle accident?
- Could someone else be responsible for causing your bicycle accident injuries?
- Have your bicycle accident injuries had a substantial impact on your life?
- Are your bicycle accident injuries expected to have an impact on your life for years to come?
If you can answer yes to one or more of the questions above, reaching out to a lawyer to find out what legal options may be available to you could provide you with the answers you were looking for.
Bicycle Accident Injuries to Sue for
Bicycle accident victims also have concerns that their injuries may not be severe enough to warrant legal action. However, when you have been injured in a bicycle accident, the type of injury you were diagnosed with will not have a bearing on your right to financial compensation. What will impact your ability to recover compensation in your case is the impact your injuries have had on your life.
With this in mind, there are some types of bicycle accident injuries that are seen more frequently in the College Park civil court system. Some of these include:
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Facial injuries
These are only a few of the more common types of injuries seen in college park bicycle accidents. If you have suffered another type of injury that was not listed above, you may still have the right to financial compensation if your life has been significantly affected by your injuries. You can find out more about whether you have the right to pursue legal action in your case when you contact a bicycle accident lawyer for help.
to find a John Foy office near you
Common Causes of College Park Bicycle Accidents
To secure the compensation you are entitled to following a bicycle accident in College Park, your lawyer will need to closely examine the way in which her bicycle accident occurred. Bicycle accidents can happen in a number of ways, but some of the more common causes of College Park bicycle accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Failure to stop
- Failure to use a turn signal
- Road rage
- Driving drowsy
- Distracted driving
- Inclement weather
- Auto part malfunctions
- Unsafe road hazards
Your attorney can examine how your accident occurred to determine who is responsible for causing your bicycle accident injuries in College Park.
College Park Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Liability for Bicycle Accidents in College Park
If you hope to recover maximum compensation for your College Park bicycle accident injuries, your lawyer will need to prove liability based on a preponderance of the evidence. This means the evidence must show that the defendant is more likely than not at fault for your bicycle accident injuries. The cause of your bicycle accident will point your attorney in the direction of the liable party.
For example, if a drunk driver causes your bicycle accident Injuries, your bicycle accident attorney in College Park will seek to hold a drunk driver accountable. However, we might also review local dram shops to determine whether these establishments overserved or sold alcohol to the defendant prior to the bicycle accident. If the defendant was already drunk when the dram shop sold them alcohol, they could be partially at fault for your injuries.
What if a Faulty Part Caused Your Accident?
If your bicycle accident was caused by malfunctioning motor vehicle parts, there are also several parties who could share liability, such as:
- Auto parts designers, manufacturers, and distributors
- Motor vehicle dealerships
- Auto technicians
- Safety inspectors
- Other third parties
Your College Park bicycle accident attorney will need to conduct a thorough investigation into the cause to determine who is at fault and, therefore, responsible for covering your damages in full.
Important GA Personal Injury Laws That Could Affect Your Claim
When you move forward with your bicycle accident claim in College Park, there are several Georgia personal injury laws that could have an impact on your case. Some of the most important personal injury laws you need to be aware of include:
- The state of Georgia operates under a modified comparative negligence system. Here, you can share up to 50% of the liability for the accident and still be compensated, but expect your injury settlement to be reduced if you share liability for your bicycle accident injuries and College Park.
- Georgia follows a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including bicycle accident lawsuits. If your bicycle accident claim is not filed before the statute of limitations expires, you will lose your opportunity to recover compensation through the College Park civil courts.
- Georgia is considered a fault state for car accidents and insurance purposes. If your bicycle accident was caused by someone else, you will need to file a claim with their insurance provider to recover certain types and amounts of economic and non-economic damages.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving College Park, call 404-400-4000
Meet With a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in College Park Today
When you are still recuperating from your injuries but you want to take legal action against the liable party, you need an experienced legal advocate on your side. Contact a respected College Park bicycle accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates to find out how much your claim is worth.
Our firm proudly offers no-cost, risk-free consultations to bicycle accident victims across College Park and nearby cities. Claim yours by calling our office or completing our online contact form today.