Hiring a personal injury attorney is one of the most important decisions you can make if you are suffering from a significant loss, including medical bills, lost time at work, and a decrease in earning capacity. Yet, if you are already struggling financially, the thought of paying an attorney for help can feel impossible. That is why you should seek out an Augusta contingency lawyer, an attorney who provides services on a contingency basis.
At John Foy & Associates, we understand the importance of providing this type of service to our clients. That is why we are a contingency lawyer that Augusta, GA, residents can rely on. We are here to help you without risk. Talk to an Augusta personal injury lawyer today.
Defining a Contingency Lawyer
A contingency attorney in Augusta, GA, provides legal services to clients and only accepts compensation for those losses if the case is won. That means that you do not have to pay your attorney unless they win your case for you.
Consider what that means in your situation. If you enter into an agreement with an attorney, he or she will work hard to prove your case. They will fight against insurance companies, negotiate a settlement at the highest level possible, and provide you with ongoing support.
However, if something happens and you are not awarded a claim for any reason, the attorney does not charge you for their services. The value of this, without a doubt, can be immeasurable.
If you win your case, the fee you pay is deducted as a percentage of the compensation you receive. That means that your attorney is motivated to help you secure the highest possible compensation allowable under law.
Get the strong arm
The Benefits of Hiring a Contingency Lawyer in Augusta
There are several reasons to work with a contingency lawyer in Augusta, GA when you are facing losses from an accident that someone else causes.
- You do not pay anything upfront for your legal guidance and support.
- You can afford the highest quality and the most experienced personal injury attorney in your case. You do not have to settle for someone that may not meet your needs.
- You can count on your attorney to provide you with extensive support in your case and are not being charged by the hour.
In a contingency case, 100% of the fees you pay are dependent on whether or not you win your case. For many people, that means you gain peace of mind. You can focus on your recovery while your attorney focuses on your case.
The Types of Cases that Can Be Handled on a Contingency Basis
There are numerous situations in which you may need legal help and may not want to or have the money to spend on an attorney right away. However, not all types of legal services are available on this type of basis. Any case in which you are likely to receive a settlement, though, could be handled in this manner. At our law firm, we can help you with a wide range of legal matters related to personal injury. This includes:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Uninsured motorist cases
- Dog bite cases
- Slip and fall cases
- Workers compensation claims
- Wrongful death claims
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Workers’ compensation cases
If you are unsure if we can help you, we encourage you to simply reach out to our legal team to discuss your case. Not only are we a contingency-based legal firm in Augusta, but we also do not charge you any fees for an initial consultation. You can learn if you have a case and get the legal guidance you need now without having to worry about paying a fee for the services you have.
The Attorney Fees that Are Included in a Contingency Lawyer in Augusta, GA
Our legal team will provide you with comprehensive help in investigating and building your case. All of the fees we charge to our clients are included in these fees. There is a lot of legal work that goes into cases like this, and we include all of those services within your fees. That includes:
- A full investigation of your case, including obtaining evidence of your losses
- Expert witness services and accident recreation when they are necessary and beneficial to your case
- Obtaining documents and pursuing any evidence retrieval methods
- Providing full consultations and talking to you on an ongoing basis about your case
- Negotiating with the insurance company after filing the claim on your behalf
- Going to court to represent you for the losses you have incurred
The cost of all the work we do for you, including the work related to filing your claim, is included within this contingency basis. Talk to our Augusta contingency attorney today.
How Much You Will Owe for Your Case
It is impossible to provide a basic cost for your services right now because many factors play a role in what you can expect to pay. However, we are always upfront and thorough about telling you what you can expect from the process. We seek out all damages you may be owed in the incident, including:
- Economic damages, including those related to paying for your medical bills and lost time at work
- Non-economic damages, including any costs associated with pain and suffering and loss of quality of life
- Punitive damages, which may be awarded in some cases by the court when the negligence is specifically troubling or complex (but there is a cap of $250,000)
Our goal is always to obtain maximum compensation for our clients, and we work tirelessly to do so. We do not keep track of hours to bill you, nor do we limit the work we do by what you can expect to be awarded. Most importantly, our legal team is fully upfront and honest with you about what you can expect from us.
Put Our Attorneys to Work for You Now
Call our Augusta contingency lawyer now to discuss your case. Allow us to offer insight and guidance to you about your legal options and rights. We will help you to get the work done and keep costs in line with your expectations.
Call our contingency lawyer in Augusta, GA, now for a free consultation.