Being involved in a car accident in Tucker can result in severe injuries, even if the crash itself was relatively minor. When your crash was someone else’s fault, it can be very frustrating to have to deal with the aftermath of a collision on your own. Thankfully, Georgia law states that if someone else was responsible for your crash, then they need to pay for your damages. Making that happen isn’t always easy, however. You may need to involve a Tucker car accident attorney to help you get reimbursed for losses caused by your car accident.
John Foy & Associates has extensive experience and knowledge dealing with car accident cases in Tucker, Georgia. We have over 20 years of experience helping car accident victims and their families. We understand that you likely have a lot going on after a car accident, and we can help take some of that burden off of your plate. You can learn more about our services and how we can help by contacting us. Let us give you a free consultation. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What type of investigation does a car accident lawyer do?
A huge part of presenting a car accident case to a jury or judge is gathering information. You need to know what the other driver was doing just before the accident to help you determine why a crash occurred. As part of the investigation process, your lawyer will help you by:
- Reviewing photos, videos, and other visual evidence
- Analyzing police reports and speaking with Tucker police, if necessary
- Researching phone records
- Determining whether the other driver has been in similar accidents before
- Reviewing medical records and information
- Determining your damages and costs related to the collision
- Speaking with witnesses, passengers, and anyone else that may have information about the crash
- Ensuring that the other driver has a proper license without restrictions that affect your situation
to find a John Foy office near you
How much will a car accident lawyer cost?
Less than you might think.
Some people hesitate to involve a lawyer in their Tucker car accident case because they are worried about the cost. Victims may also think that they can handle the situation on their own, so they don’t want to have to pay a lawyer part of their settlement if they can do it themselves. But, these concerns really aren’t valid. In fact, if you involve a lawyer, you’re likely to get a much higher settlement than if you tried to go through your car accident case on your own.
John Foy & Associates will generally use a contingency fee arrangement with car accident victims that would like us to help them. This arrangement means that John Foy & Associates will only get paid if you win your case—whether that is through a settlement or by going to trial. That means that you have no risk in starting your lawsuit at all. In most situations, John Foy & Associates will even cover the costs of preparing your case, such as filing a claim or lining up experts, and you only pay those costs if you win. Based on this type of arrangement, getting your lawsuit started costs you nothing—and it’s completely risk-free.
Tucker Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
When do I need a car accident lawyer?
In some cases that involve relatively minor injuries, you may not need an attorney. But, it’s a good idea to at least talk to a car accident attorney after any type of accident. Sometimes that means nothing more than simply seeing if you have a case. And this is why we make it easy — and free — to get face time with an attorney. As part of our free consultation process, you can outline the facts of your case to an experienced Tucker car accident attorney to determine if you have a valid legal claim and decide what you should do next.
Involving a lawyer for your case is a good idea for lots of reasons, including:
- Other driver’s insurance adjuster deals with cases like yours all the time. They likely have much more experience with car accidents than you do.
- If your case is contested, then the insurance company will almost always involve an attorney to defend the other driver right away.
- You are more likely to get a higher settlement offer and a better result at trial if you have a lawyer.
- Getting an attorney right away helps you gather information faster, which can mean that you have better evidence to present at trial, increasing your chances of a favorable result.
- Your lawyer will help you ensure that you don’t miss any deadlines that you need to start your case or throughout the litigation process.
- An attorney knows the necessary steps in a legal case, and he or she can help you work through this process.
Some car accident victims will try to work with the insurance company first and then only involve an attorney when they think the settlement offer isn’t high enough to meet their needs. While you can do this, it generally isn’t a good idea. By the time you get a settlement offer from the insurance company, your opportunity to gather evidence may be significantly restricted. Also, you may not really understand what a “good” settlement offer is for your case. Many car accident victims make the mistake of severely underestimating how much their injuries or property damage will cost in the future, making their claim seem much smaller than it actually is.
Keep in mind that just because you are involving an attorney doesn’t mean you have to start a lawsuit in your local court. While you may need to in some situations, having a lawyer can merely mean that you are taking steps to protect your rights after a car accident.
Talk to a Tucker Car Accident Lawyer
You need to act quickly if you have been in a car accident in Tucker. The other driver’s insurance company has likely already started their investigation of the claim—and you should too. Call John Foy & Associates to get started. Let us give you a FREE consultation. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.