Notice: Thank you for visiting our informational page regarding Rockstar Energy Drink claims. At this time we are no longer accepting cases regarding Rockstar Energy Drink. However, if you feel that you have any questions about other defective medical devices, dangerous drugs, recalls, or any additional legal concerns that we may help you with, please call us or fill out the evaluation form.
Rockstar energy drinks are linked to severe side effects that can cause long-term health issues and even death. Recent research has noted that drinking energy drinks is worse for your health than consuming caffeine alone. There may be something about the blend of ingredients in energy drinks like Rockstar that can have severe adverse side effects.
If you or a loved one has experienced a sudden, significant health problem and also drink Rockstar, it’s possible that the two are related. You should talk to a Rockstar energy drink lawsuit lawyer as soon as possible.
John Foy & Associates has been helping clients deal with unsafe products like Rockstar for over 20 years. Our team knows how to deal with these types of cases, and we want to help you and your family. You likely did not realize just how unsafe Rockstar was before you started drinking it. We can help you present your case and increase your chances of getting money for your Rockstar energy drink claim.
Let us give you a free consultation. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What Are the Potential Side Effects of Rockstar Energy Drinks?
In 2012, a study out of Australia examined the health risks of drinking energy drinks like Rockstar. They looked at seven years of poison control records to decide just how dangerous energy drinks really are Researchers discovered that there were a wide variety of unsafe side effects, including:
- Heart palpitations (tachycardia)
- Shaking or tremors
- Gastrointestinal upset
- Tingling or numbness of the skin
- Dizziness or instability
- Respiratory distress
In serious cases, energy drinks like Rockstar have been known to cause:
- Heart attack
- Liver failure (acute hepatitis)
Drinking too much Rockstar or other energy drinks can also cause death based on these serious health complications.
In 2013, a man drank Rockstar energy drinks and then developed shortness of breath shortly afterward. He also experienced chest pains. He drank up to four beverages in a period of roughly six to eight hours. His symptoms got worse over the next couple of days.
By the time he went to the doctor three days later, they told him he was having a heart attack. He was taken into surgery immediately for an emergency procedure. He filed a Rockstar energy drink lawsuit in 2015.
Even though adverse events can definitely happen to adults, children are more at risk to experience negative side effects associated with energy drinks like Rock Star. In a study involving energy drinks and children, they found that there were children accounted for more than half of the caffeine overdoses in 2007.
What Makes Rockstar Dangerous?
While many people assume that it is the caffeine in Rockstar that results in health problems, caffeine is actually only part of the problem. The combination of several ingredients makes Rockstar particularly dangerous.
These ingredients include:
- Taurine. This substance is an amino acid that regulates the amount of minerals and water in the blood. It also supports neurological development. But, too much taurine can do more harm than good. Large amounts can cause dangerously low blood pressure, for example.
- Guarana. This ingredient comes from a plant in South America. Few people realize that it has more caffeine than coffee beans. It isn’t quite like traditional caffeine because it contains theobromine and theophylline, powerful compounds that conventional caffeine sources don’t have. Some people react differently to this ingredient. For some, it can increase blood pressure, cause heart palpitations, dehydration, and headaches.
- Sugar and sugar substitutes. Most people understand the harmful side effects of sugar. But, those side effects are particularly troubling and may be increased when combined with other ingredients in Rockstar. Artificial sweeteners can have their own unique problems too, like causing the development of diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- High amounts of B vitamins. Virtually everything can be harmful to you if you have too much of it. B vitamins are no exception. B vitamins can be very good for you if you consume them in reasonable doses. But, when you have too much, they can cause problems like nerve damage, gastrointestinal problems, blurred vision, and skin conditions. One can of Rockstar has 200% of your daily dose of B12 and B6. It also has 200% of your dose of Niacin, which is also known as Vitamin B3.
- Caffeine. It is possible to overdose on caffeine. Caffeine toxicity can kill you. Rockstar contains more caffeine than the average soda or cup of coffee. It is important to keep in mind that drinking two Rockstars per day often has the same caffeine content as drinking an entire 12-pack of soda.
Experts aren’t entirely sure if it is one particular ingredient in Rockstar that causes more problems than others or if it is just the combination of all of these substances. Studies have indicated that energy drinks like Rockstar can cause more health problems than drinking other caffeinated beverages alone, including increased blood pressure almost immediately after drinking a can.
Who Is at Risk After Drinking Rockstar Energy Drinks?
Children should not have energy drinks. They are sensitive to the caffeine and sugar in these drinks. Children and young adults who have the following health conditions are also more likely to experience harmful side effects from drinking Rockstar.
- Cardiac abnormalities
- Seizure disorders
- Certain mood and behavior disorders
Those who are also on some prescription medications may also have adverse reactions after drinking Rockstar.
Anyone who drinks energy drinks regularly or is sensitive to caffeine may suffer health problems over time. As drinkers consume more, the risk of health issues increases.
Talk to a Rockstar Energy Drink Lawsuit Lawyer for Free
You may drink Rockstar as a regular part of your daily routine. Marketing for this product is specifically designed to make you feel comfortable drinking as much as you want. It is presented as a healthy supplement to keep you going—not something that can kill you if you drink too much.
If you or a loved one has experienced negative health consequences associated with drinking Rockstar, get medical help. Then, contact the attorneys at John Foy & Associates. We want to help you recover financially and in terms of your wellbeing after experiencing the adverse side effects of Rockstar.
Let us give you a FREE consultation. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.