If you were injured in a Gainesville car accident, you need legal counsel. Even if your injury seems minor, it can cost you far more than you expect—and the insurance company will do everything possible to minimize the amount of money they pay. In some cases, car accident victims are left holding hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses, while the insurer says their duty is done. You need to talk to a lawyer.
At John Foy & Associates we want to help. For over 20 years we have built a reputation as one of the most experienced, knowledgeable and effective car accident law firms in the City of Gainesville. Our clients know that we put their needs first—that we listen, we care, and we do everything possible to get you the financial recovery you deserve. We believe you have a right to get back to maximum health after an injury, and that the insurance company is the one who should pay the cost. Don’t let yourself get consumed by hospital bills. Talk to us about your case for free. Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get a free consultation today.
What can a Gainesville, GA car accident lawyer do for me?
The most important thing your lawyer can do for you is negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company and compel them to pay 100% of your costs. Car insurance companies don’t want to do this—not even for their most loyal customers. They have a team of attorneys waiting to find a loophole, technicality or mistake they can use to deny or reduce your claim. Without legal counsel, you simply cannot meet them on even footing.
Some of the tactics we’ve seen insurance companies use include:
- Calling you a liar or claiming you exaggerated your injury
- Giving a “friendly” call to ask if you’re feeling better and then using that information against you
- Recommending a doctor who will diagnose your injury as less severe than it really is
- Giving you quick money today, but requiring that you sign away what you’re owed tomorrow
- Recording your phone conversations and using your words out of context
- Rushing you to sign papers before you have a full diagnosis
- Delaying your claim for months so that you face intense financial pressure to take their first offer
This is the company you pay to look out for you—and they can get away with it, if you don’t have a good lawyer representing you. Insurance companies know that most people won’t talk to a lawyer, and will take the first money they’re offered. Your lawyer is the one who can force them to the table and get you the full amount you need.
What costs could I recover after a car accident?
You are entitled to recover 100% of the money you lost because of your injuries. This can include:
- All the medical expenses you have accrued to date—doctors, hospitals and specialists
- The estimated amount of any future medical expenses related to the injury
- Tests, X-rays and MRIs
- Physical therapy, speech therapy or occupational therapy related to the accident
- Cost of medication
- The full amount of any wages you lose because your injury prevented you from working
- Money to offset any long-term disability or life changing injury
- Car repairs or a new car to replace the one that was destroyed
Do I have a case?
Ever car accident is different. The only way to know for sure whether you have a strong case is to speak to a good lawyer. Your lawyer should be willing to sit down for a free consultation, discuss the specifics of your case, and give you their opinion—with no obligation to hire them. This meeting can take just 30-60 minutes and can help you make an informed choice about your case.
As a general rule, anyone who was hurt in a car accident may have a case. This is true for minor injuries, major injuries and no matter how the accident came about. If you need to see a doctor after the accident, then you likely have an injury that should be covered by insurance, and there’s a strong chance it will cost you more than you think.
Examples of some of the types of cases we have successfully represented include:
- Accidents in rain, fog or dangerous driving conditions
- Faulty tire cases
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Accidents involving distracted driving or drunk driving
- Rear end accidents
- Head on collisions
- Hit and run
- Accidents involving an uninsured motorist
Do I have to go to court?
Most car accident cases never go to court. Instead, they’re typically resolved through simple negotiation. Once you have a lawyer on your side, your lawyer will take over all correspondence and contact between you and the insurance company. They will shield you from prying questions and misleading phone calls. They will assemble strong evidence of the full extent of your injuries and show your insurance company that you could win in court if it came to that. At this point, most insurance companies will settle and give you the money.
In some cases the insurer may still refuse to give in. John Foy & Associates is known as the “Strong Arm of Georgia” and we will put intense pressure on them to settle your case. If necessary, we can file a lawsuit and take your case to the local courts—but this is always your choice to make. If your case goes to court we will advise you at every step and make the process as easy as possible.
What does it cost to hire a car accident lawyer cost in Gainesville, GA?
At John Foy & Associates we make it as easy for you as possible:
- You pay us nothing for your consultation
- You pay us nothing out of pocket
- You pay us nothing ever unless we money for you
We want to keep it risk-free for you. We only get paid if we win, and then the money comes out of the financial recovery, not out of your pocket. We understand that the aftermath of a car accident is already expensive enough, so we strive to make good legal representation accessible to everyone.
Speak to a Gainesville Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Car accident cases move quickly, and there is a deadline to file your claim. Don’t miss your chance to get the money you deserve. John Foy & Associates will give you a FREE consultation and help you decide if you have a case. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.