Construction sites are dangerous places to work, but one risk that may not be as apparent is electrical injury. Electricians obviously face this risk, but anyone working with an on-site temporary power panel could get shocked if something is wrong.
Two workers in Cherokee County had to go to the hospital today due to burns they received in an electric shock accident according to WSB TV. They were working at the site of a new Holiday Inn on College Parkway.
“We pulled up to find a gentleman inside the electrical panel and couldn’t get him out due to active power,” said Lt. Nathan Croft, a member of the emergency team that rescued the workers. The worker in the panel had burns covering his entire body. He is now at Grady Burn Center in critical condition.
Another worker received second-degree burns to his forearms, neck, and face. He was also taken to Grady Burn Center. Authorities are working to figure out what was wrong with the panel. OSHA is sure to investigate.
Burn injuries are one of the worst injuries a person can face. The recovery is extremely slow and painful, and the healing can cause lifetime disfigurement. We hope that both workers survive and recover as well as possible under the circumstances.
Get the strong arm
If the investigation finds their employer didn’t follow safety rules, they could be on the hook to pay substantial compensation. If you’ve been injured in a workplace accident, you should also pursue compensation. Contact John Foy & Associates for a free consultation.
404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form