Five people injured have been injured in Lowndes County, according to authorities. This accident also inflicted severe damage to the building it happened in, which is located in Lake Park, about 15 miles south of Valdosta .
Witnesses told The Valdosta Times that a new air conditioning unit was being installed on Saturday. Workers smelled gas, and closed the propane line. When the propane gas line was reopened, it unexpectedly exploded. Four employees and a customer were injured, along with the building’s roof and one wall. Fire Chief Richard Guyton estimates that the explosion has caused the building’s interior to be damaged by 80 to 85 percent.
Detailed information on the current condition of the victims was not immediately available, but witnesses do say they suffered some cuts from the ceiling tiles that fell.