A serious injury can put your life on hold. But if you’ve been hurt in Bainbridge, help is available. You may be entitled to money that will pay for doctor bills, medications and physical therapy and make up for lost days from work. You need a good personal injury lawyer.
John Foy & Associates has been helping people get money for their injuries for over 20 years. In that time, we’ve grown from a little local law office to a large law firm with one of the top reputations in the state. We’re known as “the Strong Arm” because we know how to negotiate the best settlement possible with insurance companies. Our Bainbridge personal injury lawyers can help you get a financial recovery for your injury. Let us give you a free consultation and we’ll show you how. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
I’ve been injured. What should my first step be?
Take your injuries seriously, even if you think you weren’t badly hurt. That means seeing a doctor as soon as you can, and acting as your own advocate to protect your rights. From a legal standpoint, we have two strong recommendations:
- Don’t rush to take the first money offered by an insurance company. The first offer an insurance company makes is almost never enough to truly compensate you for your injuries. There are two reasons for this. First, neither you nor the insurance company has had a chance to find out the full extent of your injuries or what they are likely to cost. Second, insurance companies are trying to make a profit by paying you as little as possible. And if you take that first offer, you’ll sign away your right to ask for more money later. Do yourself a favor—talk to a lawyer before you accept a check or sign anything from an insurance company.
- Schedule time to talk with a personal injury lawyer. Personal injury lawyers focus on helping people who have been injured in accidents, attacks and other situations. They have experience with cases like yours and can give you solid advice on the strength of your claim. They can refer you to medical specialists. Just talking to a lawyer can help you get much more than the insurance company’s first offer.
How can I tell if I have a real personal injury claim?
It’s hard for most people to evaluate their own injury claims. They don’t have legal expertise and are simply too close to the situation, often blaming themselves for what happened. But chances are, you do have a claim, as long as the accident objectively wasn’t your fault. This is because most accidents are preventable. They happen because someone wasn’t as careful as they should have been—in other words, someone was negligent. It doesn’t matter that the negligent person didn’t intend to hurt you—in the eyes of the law, they are still liable. Their insurance company must bear the cost of your injuries.
Typical personal injury claims include these:
- Vehicle collisions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Injuries that happen during a crime, such as a mugging
- Nursing home neglect
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription medications
But these are just the most common types of claims. Nearly any injury can lead to a valid personal injury claim.
Can I recover money in Bainbridge without going to court?
Most of the time, you’ll never have to file a lawsuit or go to court to win money for your injuries. When we do go to court for our clients, it’s usually because an insurance company stubbornly refused to sit down and negotiate with us. Insurance companies have lawyers too, and occasionally their view of a case is very different than ours. When that happens, we will tell you the truth about your chances of winning at trial, as well as the risks, and let you make your own decision. If you do decide to take your case up in the local courts, we are available to handle your case from start to finish.
A much more common scenario is that we wrangle a fair settlement out of the insurance company during negotiations. At John Foy & Associates, our negotiating power starts with the investigation we conduct into each and every case. We collect evidence about the way your injury happened, your medical diagnosis, and the projected costs of your healing and care. When we present the cold, hard facts to the insurance company, they’ll often come back with a substantially higher offer.
What will a personal injury lawyer cost in Bainbridge?
We’ll never ask you to pay out of pocket for our legal services. We don’t believe in it.
Instead, we take payment as a percentage of the money we recover for you—if, and only if, we succeed in winning you money. This means that:
- You don’t pay anything for your first consultation
- You don’t pay anything out of pocket while we work on your claim
- You’ll never pay anything at all unless we win you money.
We think this is the fairest way to ensure that everyone has access to affordable legal representation after an injury.
When is my deadline for filing a claim for my injury in Bainbridge?
Under state and federal laws, injury claims in the City of Bainbridge must be filed within strict deadlines. But it’s impossible to say what your deadline is without knowing the specific facts relating to your injury. At a maximum, you have two years to file a claim. But some injury victims only have months. If you miss the deadline, you give up your right to a financial recovery. This is why it is critical to talk to a personal injury lawyer right away.
Talk to a Bainbridge Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, our entire law practice is focused on helping injured people get the help they need. Don’t try to go it alone—put an experienced professional to work for you. We’ll sit down with you for free to discuss your claim and explain your options. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.